Lavonia Farmers' Market
At the Gazebo Downtown, East Main Street
Every Wednesday & Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
For more info, call 706-356-1926 or 706-356-5725
Lavonia Farmers’ Market 2023
1. Vendor membership will be $10.00. The fee will be used for licensing, supplies, promotions, rack cards, additional advertising, and fees.
2. Parking for vendors will be downtown on the gazebo side of East Main Street on a first come basis. Vendors may set up in the grassy area if all parking places are full. Selling of Farmers’ Market produce/products is prohibited in any other area (unless otherwise and previously approved) No parking will be allowed in front of a downtown business.*
3. The selling times are typically from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. (hours are subject to change seasonally.) Wednesday and Saturday of each month from April to October – or as long as produce is available.
4. All products must be from Franklin County or adjoining counties. Products must be grown by Lavonia Farmers’ Market members and cannot be purchased from other farmers or at a state farmers’ market.
5. All items must be sold by container, bag, or item. Scales may be used if a Georgia-certified sticker is applied. All items must be clearly marked with a price.
6. All types of fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, plants, cut flowers and herbs may be sold. Jams, jellies, baked goods, and honey may also be sold provided the seller has the appropriate license. If any produce is organic, a certificate must be available. Herbs should be picked fresh and packaged in a clamshell with a label.
7. In order to sell live plants, you must apply for a permit through the Georgia Department of Agriculture. The permit must be displayed at the market.
8. Egg requirements must be met for licensing as a small egg producer.
9. Items may be sold from your vehicle or small tables.
10. If vendors are selling handmade items (primarily arts and crafts) and would like to join and sell during the market times – it will be allowable anytime in the gazebo grassy area. The fee will also be $10.00.
11. Vendors not following guidelines will be subjected to farm inspection and can be prohibited from participating during the balance of the year.
*PLEASE NOTE: During special events downtown, the Farmers’ Market will relocate to the Train Depot parking lot. 2023 special event dates include but are not limited to March 18, April 29, June 3, September 2, September 30, and November 11.